GPS Logger for Android v88
Overview: A lightweight, battery efficient GPS Logger. The purpose of this app is to log your GPS coordinates at specified intervals to a file on your SD card.
This app runs in the background so that you can on a long walk, hike, flight ride or photo session or even go buy some milk and have this running as long as possible. Once you’re back at your computer, you can then use the files to geotag photos, upload to travel sites, view in Google Earth and so on.
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap – upload GPS traces
* Dropbox – upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs – upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS – auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions – please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations – submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there’s a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage – reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication – used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location – used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) – used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts – used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Activity recognition – to recognize when phone is still and to pause logging
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
https://github.com/mendhak/gpslogger/bl … acy-policy
* You can send start time to Custom URL
* You can specify dayname, monthname in custom file name
* CSV logger now records annotations
* Experimental – Tasker can receive event broadcast on start/stop, see FAQ for details
* SFTP bugfix when no private key specified
* Detailview bugfix, undesired scrolling
Thanks to everyone for the PRs and translations
This app has no advertisements