Golden Axe Classic
9 October 2017
4.4 and up
It’s back! Epic fantasy classic Golden Axe is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s ultimate hack ‘n’ slash masterpiece.
The tyrannical Death Adder holds the people of Yuria to ransom, threatening to destroy the fabled Golden Axe and unleash a new era of terror on the world. Only three brave warriors: a barbarian, dwarf and Amazon warrior stand in his way. From the ransacked Turtle Village, to the halls of Death Adder himself – cast legendary spells, combat terrifying hordes, ride the back of a colossal eagle, and bring peace to Yuria once again!
Golden Axe joins the ever-increasing line-up of SEGA Forever, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
– PLAY FREE
– SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS
– OFFLINE PLAY
– GAMES RELEASED TWICE A MONTH
– DOWNLOAD THEM ALL
– MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE COMING SOON
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – HID compatible controllers
“Oozes addictive action.” [92%] – Les Ellis, Raze #3 (January 1991)
“SEGA’s most triumphant walkalong and kick ’em out the way game.” [91%] – SEGA Pro #3 (Christmas 1991)
“Lots of fast action and scantily clad men with muscles are combined to produce an excellent game.” [86%] – Mega Drive Advanced Gaming #3 (November 1992)
GOLDEN AXE TRIVIA
– Makoto Uchida, the game’s primary developer, was also responsible for Altered Beast, another SEGA Forever classic!
– The ‘Chicken Leg’ Bizarrian you can ride also appeared as an enemy in Altered Beast!
– Remember – if an enemy is charging at you, stand next to a cliff edge and they may end up running straight off the edge!
GOLDEN AXE HISTORY
– The game was originally released in 1989
– Developed by: SEGA
– Designer: Makoto Uchida
– Lead Composer: You Takada
– – – – –
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include ”Interest Based Ads“ (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect ”Precise Location Data“ (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
The following permissions are required to ensure we only serve you appropriate adverts:
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION & ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Golden Axe, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- REWIND GAMEPLAY – go back in time to beat some of SEGA’s hardest challenges
Download & Instructions