Dungeons of Chaos v1.2.10 (Mod Money)Dungeons of Chaos v1.2.10 (Mod Money)
Overview: Dungeons of Chaos is a retro-style 2D RPG that takes you on an epic journey with numerous spells, skills and tactical combat to employ in order to win the battle against evil. Huge locations to explore (both unique and randomised). Totally ad-free, IAP-free, no internet or phone status permissions required.
Upon popular request, this is the Android port and re-polished version of a Dec 2014 (iPad-only) App, that had 4.9 / 5.0 star rating on the US Apple store.
Quotes on the original version:
“Deeply immersive and a whole lot of fun, Dungeons of Chaos belongs on the iPad of any self-respecting 1980s role-playing fan.” – iRumorsnow
“anyone with fond memories of CRPGs from the 1980s should at least give the Lite version a shot ” — TOUCHARCADE review 22 Jan 2015
“If Avernum and Ultima 4ish had a genius baby, this would be it.” – Aldinach
“The little guy who made this game made a gem. […] It’s very fun and deep. Creating characters is the bomb. It’s great!” — anabolicMike
– retro-style RolePlayingGame (RPG) in the spirit of old classics
– vast locations to explore in a top-down 2D tile-based view
– many different character classes, spells and skills to employ. Guilds can give access to advanced classes
– rewarding quests to fulfil
– atmospheric music, and detailed lighting and line-of-sight visual mechanics
– non-linear content and exploration: many locations exist outside the main storyline, with unique monsters and treasure and secrets
– some locations are fully randomised and different each time you play (procedural content generation). Some are randomised and re-settable. And there are over 30 fixed locations supporting the main storyline.
– many rare item properties make for over 5,000,000 combinations that let your armour, weapons and accessories take on powerful bonuses
– defeat many different monsters with unique abilities and challenges. level up your characters and upgrade their abilities.
– find important NPCs to expand your skill sets, find magic books to boost your spell knowledge and improve your equipment by trading your bounty with various shop owners
– intricate fight mechanics: flanking or being flanked makes an encounter change from being easy to being dangerous, and vice versa; using the right boost/support/attack spells and skills will prove vital for survival
– control a party of 6 characters, which you can generate using 9 starter classes and unique character features
– try out different classes, experience different randomised locations, find different equipment, for great replay value
– various difficulty levels. Higher difficulty yields better loot but also much tougher enemies and game mechanics
– two more difficulty levels impacting many things. Sparta+ now also spawns summoned monsters on left of arena
– popup when daily skills reset
– skill/spell advancement % from use shows in stats. passive skills now grow from use
– players no longer get stuck in blocking players (corner)
– re-jigged XP and level metrics
– nerfed ember orcs, basic magic attacks
– lots of minor typos and glitches fixed
– options: hidden dgn run button; ongoing dam text
– Tomoe now trains unarmed and 2h blade
This app has no advertisements